CULTURE AND DESTINATIONS - A POWERFUL DUO
Yesterday we were invited down to City Hall for the launch of ‘Improving Places’ - a new report showcasing the important role Business Improvement Districts [BIDs] play in delivering exceptional cultural experiences across the UK and London. Culture is a powerful tool to make destinations more welcoming and attractive to drive visitors, create jobs, revitalise places and drive inward investment.
The report highlights a plethora of examples from Lumiere London in the West End to the Winchester Hat Fair and the Lincoln Dance Festival as examples of best practice where businesses and cultural organisations have worked together.
You can download the full report here or if you haven’t got time here are our key outtakes:
- BIDs can be a force for positive change, able to respond quickly to local challenges and business needs
- BIDs and cultural organisations can help each other, as working in collaboration can deliver greater gains to their local area and its community particularly on placemaking initiatives
- Lessons can be learnt from across the pond with Times Square demonstrating how a small space can be utilised to deliver big impact through installations, performances and talks
- Live music and visual arts can encourage visitors to discover an area’s hidden corners and side streets
- A strong cultural infrastructure can help support the case for investment into public realm and transport in an area
At Kallaway, our core belief is the transformative power of culture for destinations. Drop us a line if you would like to explore how we can help your business succeed - firstname.lastname@example.org