Junior Account Manager
JUNIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Kallaway helps ambitious destination brands launch and grow
We work with the UK’s best-known culture, food, tourism and retail brands
We’re an independent business that invests in its people to help them flourish
Kallaway is a leading independent, creative and public relations communications consultancy responsible for launching or growing some of the UK’s best-known destinations and attractions.
Every day we help people discover places of wonder, learning, fun-times and excitement. These are the places which forge lasting memories, inspire new generations and spark new relationships.
We do this by creating smart and imaginative campaigns that excite and motivate audiences into action. Current clients include Hard Rock Cafe, Market Halls, Japan House London, Tower Bridge, The Affordable Art Fair, The Art of Banksy, Battersea Power Station, and The Royal Academy of Dance.
Our work is diverse and interesting. We collaborate with world famous artists and performers, go behind the scenes of international museums, reveal rock memorabilia, tell new stories from history, attend private views, open art fairs, announce new food destinations or create campaigns for community gardens.
OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Kallaway is an independent, family-owned business that cares for its people and clients. We’re a team of eight based out of our Holland Park office in West London.
Our goal is to be transformative – to help our people realise their fullest potential in a caring and supportive environment that delights its clients and makes them more successful. We work in a collaborative manner to deliver creative and measurable campaigns that deliver real change.
We’re proud of our fun, warm and supportive culture and have clear values and behaviours that underpin our work. You’ll be expected to exhibit:
- Creative collaboration: We are straight talking, diverse creative thinkers and doers. We share our successes (and setbacks) and learn and grow together so we can be positively transformative for our colleagues and our clients alike.
- Active Intelligence: Everything we do is based on insight. We know the latest issues and trends impacting on our clients and their customers and develop creative ideas that harness these issues for stand out campaigns.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: We’re quick to spot new opportunities or a better way. We are innovative and tenacious, using lateral thinking and perseverance to deliver the best result.
- Thoughtfully Provocative: We challenge our clients and each other with bold and fresh thinking that questions the status quo, provokes fresh conversations and stronger outcomes – and even raise a smile!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Junior Account Manager will sit at the heart of Kallaway’s campaign delivery team, working directly with the Account Director and senior team to manage the delivery of our public relations campaigns. These range from media relations, digital and influencer campaigning through full integrated campaigns across paid and earned media with our media buying team. Your work will be varied, working with clients running press / influencer tours, pitching stories and managing press events and launches.
You will also contribute to Kallaway’s marketing, such as blogs, opinion pieces, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn as well as taking part in pitches.
The role comes with significant opportunity for career progression and personal development. It will suit an individual who would relish the opportunity to develop their skills and be given responsibility and grow in a supportive team where excellence is fostered.
The successful candidate will have:
- Over two years of PR agency experience, likely at SAE level and is now ready for the move to account management.
- Desire and enthusiasm to deliver successful campaigns for clients
- Experience in managing colleagues to deliver successful campaigns.
- A proven ability to generate significant press coverage to target
- Shown how they used awareness of issues or trends impacting on their clients for campaign success
- Demonstrable experience in identifying influencers and digital channels for client success
- Some experience managing successful influencer partnerships for clients
- Knowledge of the importance of integrated campaigns beyond pure PR: with experience or oversight on how campaigns can work across digital / social media / influencers
- Experience at creating tactical social media content such as writing tweets and Instagram posts. (Skills in basic video / audio editing or content creation will be an advantage), with a good understanding of how these channels can drive measurable success for clients
- A clear understanding of the fundamentals of PR measurement for campaigns
- Demonstratable knowledge of the UK media and journalists applicable for delivering successful campaigns.
- Shown how they have overcome problems or challenges to deliver campaign success, and led others to do the same.
- Experience and an understanding of successful client handling
- Demonstrated how they prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment and lead junior colleagues to do the same for campaign success.
- The proven ability to write clear and compelling press releases and create PowerPoint presentations.
- Shown how they will actively contribute to a supportive and collaborative workplace where excellence is fostered and grown
- First class written and spoken English.
- The confidence to articulate new ideas and challenge established thinking to colleagues. (Evidence of writing blogs, contributing to news / industry titles or other media would be useful to show).
- Shown the ability to think creatively and laterally.
- Demonstrated an awareness of relevant trends, issues, industry or other news that may impact on clients, influencing audiences and the challenges / opportunities these present for PR teams.
- A passion for self-development. You show how you’re keen to learn and help others grow their skills.
Experience and interest in destination campaigns for property, retail or travel brands will be an advantage. A genuine interest in the arts and how brands are working with arts and cultural organisations will also be an advantage but is not essential.
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Macbook laptop and work mobile phone
- Director level mentor to help guide your development
- Talent Academy – training and investment to help you develop your career
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Charity day – a day a year the company pays for you to work for a charity of your choice, this is additional to your holiday allowance.
- Birthday celebrations – we provide the cake and celebration, you lie in and leave early on your big day!
- Summer nights – the opportunity to leave the office at 4pm on Fridays during August.
- Flexible working from the office / clients or elsewhere with around two – four days in the office depending on need
- Cycle to work scheme – save up to 42% off the price of a new bike and equipment
- Season ticket loan
- Full social programme throughout the year, including planned social nights out, monthly company meetings and Christmas parties.
- Family first. If you want to leave early, come in late or whatever to support those you love, then just ask and we’ll help.
- Notice period four weeks.
HOW TO APPLY
Email: Recruitment@kallaway.com with a short covering letter or email which highlights why you think you’re right for the role and attach your CV.
Deadline: 17 May.